- Do not take shortcuts and try to cheat the system.
- Use the handy USCIS checklist to file your application correctly. You can prevent omissions by doing this.
- You should seek the assistance of a skilled immigration lawyer.
- Attach all copies of supporting documents required in your application – your lawyer can help with this.
- Make sure you meet all deadlines and honor appointments.
HOW AN ATTORNEY CAN HELP
If your Form I-485 is denied, an experienced immigration attorney can be instrumental in appealing the decision. The lawyer will first analyze the reasons for denial, which can be due to various factors including, not meeting the eligibility criteria, missing the priority date, or submission of incomplete documents.
Once the reason is identified, your lawyer can guide you on the next steps, which may include filing a Motion to Reopen or Reconsider, or an appeal to the USCIS Administrative Appeals Office. If the denial was due to a mistake, your attorney could help correct it and refile the application.
If the denial is because of complex legal issues, such as inadmissibility, an attorney can help address these problems. They can also represent you in removal proceedings if needed. A lawyer’s knowledge of immigration laws and procedures is invaluable in helping navigate these processes successfully.
Mistakes can cost time and, even worse, may result in the rejection of your application even when you should be successful. You can level the playing field by setting up a free consultation with Kansas City immigration attorneys who are skilled and conversant with Form I-485 applications. Our Practice Areas cover many immigration issues, and we would love to share that experience with you as a client. Call us for a consultation today. Initial consultations are free.